The tomahawk is a massive cut of steak that bring flavor tenderness and an exceptional presentation that will leaving a lasting impression no matter what the occasion.
- Remove tomahawk from packaging and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season liberally with your favorite steak seasonings. We like to use Killer Hogs Texas Brisket Rub on tomahawks.
- Place on smoker at 225° F for about an hour and a half depending on thickness. The internal temperature should reach 130° F.
- Remove from smoker and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Coat steak in tallow and sear on each side for about 1 minute.
- Remove the meat from the bone by cutting along the bone.
- The slice against the grain. Serve and enjoy!