The Picanha Roast is a popular cut that is rich in flavor and a great option for any holiday dinner.
Preparation and cooking time: 3 hours
- Start with a 3 - 4 lb. Booth Creek Wagyu Picanha Roast that is fully thawed and refrigerated (30 - 40° F starting temperature).
- Little if any trimming is needed. Don’t remove the fat cap, the fat cap will melt into the roast as it's cooking and enhance the Wagyu flavor.
- Season liberally with preferred Brisket or Prime Rib seasoning on the entire surface.
- Smoke with the fat cap on top at 225° F until internal temperature reaches 135° F (130 -140° F is also OK depending on your doneness preference).
Generally, takes around 2 hours, give or take 30 minutes.
- Remove from smoker and wrap in foil.
- Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Slice no more than 1/2” thick. For best results, slice against the grain.
- Serve and enjoy!