We asked our BCW family to put their chili recipes to the test, to bring you the best Wagyu chili recipe! The Chuck Wagon Chili was a favorite and is sure to #ElevateYourComfortFood!
- 1 lb of BCW Ground Beef
- 1 lb of Hot Breakfast Sausage
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 3 large fresh tomatoes
- 5 dried Guajillo peppers
- 5 dried Ancho peppers
- 1 - 4 oz can of Hatch Green Chiles
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 32 oz of tomato sauce
- 32 oz of Bush’s Campfire Chili Magic
- 1 tbsp of cumin
1. First, you want to get all the seeds out of the Guajillo and Ancho peppers. Take the skin of the garlic, put them on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and roast the peppers and garlic at 350°F for 15 minutes.
2. While your peppers and garlic roast, you’ll want to brown your Wagyu Ground Beef. Once your Wagyu Ground Beef is browned take it out of the pan and add in your diced onions. Sauté them for a few minutes until slightly browned.
3. Once your peppers are roasted take them out of the oven, add your beef broth into a blender, put your peppers, garlic, and Hatch Green Chiles into the blender and blend until smooth.
4. In the pan with the onions, move onions to make a small hole in the middle of your pan and add your hot breakfast sausage into it.
5. Once your sausage is browned add your garlic, pepper paste, and Wagyu Ground Beef and give it a good mix then put it all into a crockpot.
6. Add 32 oz of tomato sauce.
7. Dice the 3 large tomatoes to your desired size and add to the crockpot.
8. Add your Bush’s Chili Magic, stir it well, and let it cook on low for 3 hours.
9. Optional - Add a small amount of brown sugar or Booth Creek Wagyu's Honey for a sweeter chili.