These garlic butter Wagyu filet tips are great when you want to elevate your weeknight dinner. Whether just you and a loved one or the whole family, everyone will be craving more after these buttery filet tips hit their taste buds.
• 1 lb. Booth Creek Wagyu Filet Tips
• 1/3 cup Booth Creek Wagyu Tallow
• 1/3 cup butter
• 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
• 1 tbsp. chopped parsley for color (optional)
• One hour before meal, remove tips from package and pat dry with paper towel. This will help create a better sear.
• Slice meat into smaller pieces if desired. For best results, make sure all pieces are around the same size and thickness.
• Place all pieces on cookie sheet or large plate, with space between each one. Season with salt & pepper. Let rest for 30-45 minutes.
• Heat cast iron skillet on the stove at medium-high to high heat. Stove temperatures may vary.
• Add tallow and let it melt in the pan. Spread it around to cover the whole skillet. Depending on the size, more tallow may be needed.
• Add steak and sear for about 2 minutes on each side. Time will vary depending on the size of the pieces and the temperature of the skillet.
• Once a golden-brown crust has formed and desired internal temperature is reached, remove steak from skillet and place on a large plate.
• If a large amount of tallow remains in the skillet, remove, leaving approximately 1-2 tablespoons. Lower the stove temperature to low. If the skillet is piping hot, just turn off the stove altogether.
• Add butter and garlic to empty skillet and heat on medium heat for about 2 minutes, until garlic is fragrant. Gently stir continuously to prevent butter from burning. If the skillet is too hot, a separate pan may be needed for the garlic butter mixture.
• Remove garlic butter from heat and pour it on the steak. Add chopped parsley for color if desired. Gently mix to cover as much steak as possible.
Let rest for another 2-3 minutes and serve.