This is a great weeknight warmer! Hearty and full of flavor, the sautéed mushrooms and beef bring the best of French and Russian flavors together in a rich mustard cream sauce. We sub in Greek Yogurt for Sour Cream for a little healthier kick! Served over egg noodles; it is sure to become a family favorite!
- 7 tablespoons beef tallow
- 1 pound Mixed mushrooms of your choice, chopped/torn into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound wagyu Steak Tips
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium beef or vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Chopped fresh parsley and fresh chives (for serving)
- Heat 3 Tbsp. tallow in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high. Add mushrooms and thyme, season with salt and pepper, and cook until mushrooms are golden and tender. Rest in a large bowl. (~10min)
- Increase heat to high and heat 2 Tbsp. tallow in same skillet. Cook steak tips, turning them until browned nicely on all sides. Rest in bowl with mushroom mixture. (~8min)
- Reduce heat to medium-high, add remaining 2 Tbsp. tallow to skillet, and cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until lightly caramelized. (~5min)
- Add broth and cream, bring to a simmer, and cook until reduced by half (~20min) minutes. Whisk in greek yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Simmer until sauce is thick and creamy, (~10 minutes.)
- Add mushrooms and beef with any juices from the bowl and cook, stirring occasionally, until just heated through.
- While reducing sauce, cook egg noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add butter and a large pinch of parsley and a large pinch of chives; toss until butter is melted.
- Place noodles on a large bowl or platter and spoon stroganoff over top. Garnish with additional chives.