- 2 lbs Booth Creek Wagyu Flank steak
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp pepper
- 13 oz cream cheese
- 2 ⅔ cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ⅓ stalk green onion, sliced
1. Place Flank Steak on a clean, flat surface. Score meat in a diagonal line about 2 inches apart with a knife.
2. Pound steak with a spiked side of a meat mallet to tenderize. Cover with plastic wrap to keep the area clean, then finish off with the flat side of the mallet until about sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl stir together spinach artichoke dip (or cream cheese), spinach, garlic, and green onions. Spread over steak, leaving ¼” space at the edges.
4. Roll filled flank steak from one short edge to the other. Use multiple toothpicks to secure the edge. Cut into roughly 1-inch slices with a very sharp knife.
5. Place pinwheels on a foil-lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Set oven to high broil and place pan 4-5 inches from heat. Broil each side for 3-4 minutes, until it reaches the desired temperature. Check often and don’t overcook the meat. Let rest a few minutes, serve, and enjoy!
You can also try this dish with spinach artichoke dip in place of cream cheese!